Many New Features Added
Ryan Hayden • November 4, 2019software updates announcements
I've done a ton of work on Sermons over the last week and just wanted to let you know about some new features:
- Churches can now have more than one user.
- Churches can now customize the font, colors, and rounding style on their church page and embeds.
- When a church signs up, a series entitled "No Series" is automatically created.
- I've added purechat to all of the admin pages so users can get help in real time.
- I've done a lot of work on the Bible Text picker to make it much less anoying to use.
- I've changed the way image upload works on both the speaker and series pages to make it more intuitive.
- I've added an onboarding checklist and video for when a church first signs up.
- I've removed most of the fields from signup to make actually getting into the software easier.
- Now when a speaker is deleted, all of that speakers sermons are deleted as well.
- Whenever anything is deleted, the user must now confirm via a popup.
Here is what I'm going to be working on over the next few weeks:
- I'd like to make an importer for several popular sermon platforms to make it easier for churches to switch.
- Implement search. I had this initally but it's current implementation requires an algolia subscription and I think I'm just going to do something simple on the server side that won't end up costing money down the line.
- Change the "support ChurchTools.co" button to be a popup with multiple options including a onetime paypal donation and patreon.
- Make it so the super admin can transfer that roll to another user.
After these are done, I'm going to be working on redoing my prayer and website tools.
As always let me know if you have any questions. Hope this is a blessing to your church.